Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Fourth Day....

I went on a retreat called the Walk to Emmaus a couple of weekends ago. I was a pilgrim on a journey and couldn't bring my phone or even a watch. The control freak in me was losing my mind but also glad that I could disconnect from the chaos of everyday life. I knew I needed a spiritual boost so I was prepared to endure the 72 hour journey with no complaining. I never expected to feel the presence of God so swiftly as I did while I let the cares of this world slip away. Things happened that I cannot explain, my world was rocked, my attitude changed, my controlling nature more open to letting God control it. The "me" factor was put to death. I met people that will forever be my friends and accountability partners, I watched as God did a mighty work in me and the women around me. It brings tears to my eyes to realize the magnitude of God's love for me. ME....and YOU! I truly felt the unconditional love of God surrounding me for 72 hours. But the best part is that after that 3 day event there is a Fourth Day! Its the rest of my life. What will I do with this fourth day I have been given? I know that being different is on my list. Hold me accountable friends. I want to see everything with fresh eyes, see everyone with fresh eyes. If you ever want to be changed forever in a way that is unexplainable...come talk to me about the one who changed me.
May the peace of Christ be with you.
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment