Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

Lucky?

Some people have all the luck...especially those who it seems don't always deserve it. That is what I used to think. I always thought everyone else had it better than I do. More money, better genes (skinny ones!), nicer houses, etc.  I've come to realize that I am not a lucky person at all. I am a blessed person! There is a difference between the two that I never really realized before. 
Here is the definition of luck as seen in Webster's Dictionary:
1.      the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping 
       circumstances, events, or opportunities.


2.
good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance.
3.
a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person.
4.
some object on which good fortune is supposed to depend.

So it seems that everything about luck operates on chance! My life, however, does not operate around chance. It is all because I am blessed. There is no luck involved in being created by a loving God who chose us and knew us before we ever came into being. Everything I have and will ever have is given because God knows me. He knows what I can handle and what I can't and that takes a lot of pressure off of me to be perfect. He knows the things in my heart that may keep me from Him, from being the person He created me to be. So I can't help but think as I look in the mirror, cuddle on the couch in my modest home, and struggle through to the next paycheck, that God has it all planned out to bless me in the way that I was created. No luck involved. I am glad that only "chance" I have in my life is my son. (Chanze) lol
Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment